I became a therapist because even as a teenager, I could feel the pain and suffering in the world. I had a deep sense that there had to be a better way for individuals, families and society to function in a more peaceful manner.
Even as a teen, I knew I couldn't just stand by and watch people suffer and not do something about it. Through some key early formative experiences, I came to realize that my way of creating peace was to heal one person, couple or family at a time.
The field of psychology in the 80s & 90s when I went to school thought that trauma was about veterans returning from war or physical and sexual abuse. As a result, my own psychotherapists, doctors and healers had no name for cause of the diverse set of symptoms I struggled with. It took me more than 25 years to figure out that everything I had ever struggled with was rooted in my messed-up childhood. Advances in psychological research and treatment, finally gave me the tools I needed to be able to heal my childhood challenges and how they have impacted my adult life. Now I have priviledge to help others overcome their childhood developmental trauma and blossom into their gifts to the world.
Now the field of psychology has extensive and accepted research that demonstrates that things like a distant or harshly critical parent, divorced parents, parents who are have addiction or mental health problems, physical neglect or witnessing domestic violence adversely affects the child long term. These things can cause a child's brain and nervous system develop in ways that lead to adult problems with anxiety and depression, addiction, difficulty with forming health relationships and chronic illness as an adult.
Weeding and digging into the muck of your past suffering is hugely a courageous act.
Alone it is a daunting task. Together, we can clear your life of the weeds of your past.
I can help you plant flowers in your garden that express your innate joy and peace.
A garden of pleasure and wonder where every day you feel the radiance of being alive.
When you stop suffering, I suffer a little less.
When we both stop suffering,
we are both a little more at peace and in the world, there is a little less pain.
Suffering is transformed one person at a time into Peace & Joy.
By healing trauma one person at time the world becomes a
little more peaceful and joyful.
A world without trauma is a world of peace.
What I Believe
Life is an inside job or nothing.
- Our culture is overloaded with constant barrage of messages about your outward appearance, how to measure success by your career, your home, your relationship status. At the end of your life NONE of this will matter. What will matter is the quality of your relationships you have had and your health. Most of all the ineffable sense of peace and joy when you feel deeply connected to the radiance and playsure of being fully alive.
Life is about Growing Our Souls
- Core to my beliefs is that the only way that the life makes sense with all the bitter and the sweet of human existence is that the purpose of being human is to grow our souls through the crucible of human experience.
- Through adverse experiences, we are meant to burn off our impurities, grow our souls so that we are turned into the gold of pure divine spirit. We are thus gently guided towards fulfilling our fate for which we are born to fulfill.
- Valuing a connection to something larger than yourself at the core of your life is essential to connecting to the source of life, your health and well-being. It matters not if you’re Buddhist, Jewish or Christian or are Spiritual but not religious. It only matters that you’re committed to growing your relationship to the immanence and the Divine whatever this means to you. Not so long ago I worked with a client who is deeply Christian. Although I am not Christian, we leaned into her faith and together we worked with her beliefs that helped her resolve both anxiety and depression as well as make significant choices that improved her life.
- To learn more about my Training & Credentials Go Here